Sunday, July 24, 2011

We've got this baby!

This summer has brought about alot of changes in the house. When I say alot I mean ALOT! Well, for one, I am preparing to homeschool three kiddos instead of just one. It is something Randy and I prayed about during the spring and he really left it up to me I felt, but he backed me either way I chose. I spent alot of time just praying about this decision and really felt the peace of God come over me with this decision. I think the kids and I are all a little (maybe alot nervous) about how this is going to work, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God led us here and he will help us and lead us in the right direction daily. I am truly grateful for this opportunity for the kids and for me.
Another big change is one I have talked about a few times and that is our garden. It is huge and has been plentiful! Especially with cucumbers. Randy has taken on pickling and even jelly making. The end of last week I tried my hand at making preserves and loved it and am totally hooked. Not the tomatoes are really coming out so we are making sauces and canned tomatoes! The canning process has taken over our home but so worth it!
The biggest change is that Randy is now just a full time student. He was working full time and going to school full time but really wanted to try to just go to school full time. I was extremely apprehensive about this happening and everytime he would bring it up I would push it off. Well, I was pushed into that decision this summer and am so at peace with it. I have loved having him home, although I know when fall semester hits, due to his schedule, it will be like he is working and going to school. I know the kiddos love seeing him. I say seeing him instead of seeing him more because there were many days that they didn't see him at all before. I am praying that God continues to bless us in this new path. He has so far!!
So many changes but we are working together and love every minute of being together when we can. I have said many times that change can tear a family apart or bring them together. I am so glad to be a part of the family that comes even closer together during change!! How I am blessed!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete