Monday, January 3, 2011

A coupon frenzy!!

Well, I have decided to REALLY try this time to get a hold of this couponing business. I am an at home mom and I feel like that is the best way I can "make" money for the household. Do my best to save money! I know it can be done it just takes time and effort, right?! Well, I started off this Sunday with my 4 papers. Unfortunately there were only 3 inserts in mine but 5 in some peoples but, oh well. I have been clipping off and on all day today and a little yesterday. I also went through last years coupons and got rid of all the ones that are expired. Hanni helped me with this by putting in piles all the ones with 10 at the end and 11 at the end. She was so excited about helping!! I am (hopefully) almost done with clipping from this weeks papers and ready to go through what I have and organize it all. Then I will go through ads and figure out what is on sale and where I can get the most "bang for my buck". I am not expecting to save a huge amount the first few weeks but I know if I stick with it over time my stockpile will fill up and we will need less and we will save more. Randy seems excited about this also and seems to be trying to learn about it! I am praying the Lord with guide me in this and help me to succeed not just for my own satisfaction of succeeding but for my family as well! It would certainly be nice to take a grocery bill one week and do something fun with the kiddos instead, or better yet, save our pennies!! I am sure the kids like the first option better. I guess once they figure it all out we will be compromising!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment