Sunday, November 7, 2010

I have been so lazy but...

Ok, so I was so excited to finally be blogging several months ago but what happened?? Life happened! I am going to try again though. I am going to make a goal for myself to post at least once a week on my personal blog and once a week on my family blog. There have been so many times that I have thought about picking up the computer and blogging but usually it is at the most inconvenient time so, yes, I have been lazy about it. I will try to get better though!
I did have the most incredible weekend! I say incredible because it was great but horrible. Yesterday morning my two youngest woke up extremely hyper. I knew they just wanted out. Out of the house, able to make noise, run around, and be able to be kids! Randy is working nights so they have to be quiet during the day usually. I had been researching for places to pick apples to take Eli on a field trip next week but realized that most of the places were closing quick (running out of apples) or already closed for the season. I figured, if we wanted apples we better go early in the week! Well, with the kids being so hyper I decided to go get apples yesterday. Unfortunately, Gracie wasn't able to go with us since she had a big project to do for school that is already late!! Ack!!! She was so good though at home and finished her project and did most of it on her own without Grandma's help! So proud of her!! So the two little ones and I made our trip up the mountain. I heard ooh and aah over all beautiful colors of leaves changing. They tried their best to take turns talking to me and each other. They chose Cracker Barrel for lunch without arguing over where to go! I got back in the car and headed towards the exit the waitress told us to go to for apples! Eli even held Hanni's hand in the car to comfort her crying because Mommy wouldn't buy her a crown at Cracker Barrel! Wow! I had to look in the back seat and make sure I got MY kiddos!! We get to the orchard and didn't expect to actually pick our own apples since it is so late in the season but surprise, we got to!!! We got the pick Mutsu apples!!! They are so tasty too!! I think it is my new favorite apple!!!! The people at the orchard we awesome also!!! We loved apple picking and will definitely go back next year a little earlier in the season as a whole family!!
Then this morning we got up and my sweet husband made cinnamon rolls and biscuits for the family!! Love it! I went out to get my paper and got home and the house was filled with smoke. Ok, there goes my great weekend. Randy went under the house and under our furnace was a place where rodents made a nest and their feces was on fire!! Yuck!!!! Fortunately, my husband was able to rid us of the problem so the house doesn't catch on fire. Ok, stop laughing and close your dropped jaw. At least, that was our reaction. Then my husbands flash drive was missing. We turned everything upside down looking for it and never did. ALL of his work for the semester is on there and other projects. So, we did have a rough day today and Randy has been working all day to try to re-do some of the work. Most of it he will have to do at the school though. Ugh! On a good note though, we made caramel apples with the apples we picked yesterday. We also had some great homemade popcorn. Spicy-sweet kettle corn and low country boil popcorn! We are definitely enjoying this cold fall weather as a family and loving the season!! I am really going to try to blog more but if I don't I will try not to be too hard on myself. I am probably just enjoying my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment