Saturday, November 27, 2010

Our extended family gets smaller and our immediate family gets bigger

Well, our Turkey Day weekend took on an interesting twist. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving by the way. I cooked all week and made pies all day on Wednesday. Five pies and a cheesecake. For 7 people in the house, it is a bit much, but hey, we like our Thanksgiving sweets!!! I also made two turkeys!!! That is right TWO!!! For 7 people!! Why?? Well, I am used to making a 24-26 pound bird and this year I was stuck with a 13 pound bird. I didn't want to mess up my stuffing recipe so I just got 2 13 pound turkeys. They were both beautiful and yes, we will have plenty of leftovers, which is good! Randy and I also got up at 3:00 am and hit Toys R Us for sales Friday morning and I didn't even feel like I was sleep walking this year!!

Our interesting twist is, we will be expanding our family today. No, I am not pregnant!! Randy's cousin who is 15 will be coming to live with us! We have prayed and talked about this decision and decided it is the best thing for all of us involved. The kiddos are so excited and we are getting excited too. I will not go into all of the details but we will be picking her up today at around noon in Charlotte. Any and all advice on raising a teenager will be very much accepted and I would be grateful though since I and just entering that stage with Gracie and have no clue what we am doing. lol We are excited about this new journey and trusting God to guide us in this path. Please keep us in your prayers as we enter into this new venture of our lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment